Listen on iTunes
Listen on Stitcher
In this episode:
– What inspired his venture into the African entertainment scene and Artist Management.
– What it takes to succeed as an artist in African music industry
– The value of consistency and persistence
– The future of African music
– His current roster of artists – Lasgiidi, Olú, & Lady Donli
Favorite saying – “Na condition make crayfish bend”
One book he will recommend:
About Mayowa Balogun
Mayowa is a music industry executive, freelance writer, and event coordinator. Occasionally, a blogger, promoter, music critic and a contributor on Pulse which is one of Nigeria’s biggest entertainment and lifestyle websites.
He is the founder, and a management executive, of BEAM Entertainment, a talent management agency and record label which is currently primarily the home of the performing and recording artist Tade LasGiiDi.
He is also on the planning committee of the African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) which is the biggest African Award Show in the diaspora.
He was formerly a full-time blogger and music editor for NotJustOk, the biggest music blog in Nigeria.
He currently shuffles between living in Canada, the United States, and Nigeria.
E-mail: [email protected]